Sunday 1 April 2012

Roman Cavalry

Following my auxiliaries the next job was to move on to the Roman cavalry. I had not painted a horse before in any scale.





This possibly shows because I think they are all a bit dark again. However despite this they seem to come together in to a convincing looking battle group. Although they might of benefited from being placed more randomly when I based them up. I must admit. I enjoyed painting up the shield and adding touches of details.



I took the liberty of adding laurels on one set of shields because in a game a while ago my Roman cavalry managed to rout some of Tamsin’s light horse. I was so pleased with this because normally my Roman cavalry die or run around in a pointless manner. Furthermore, it is well worth checking out Tamsin’s blog post on painting horses, impressive…









2 comments:

  1. The horses look fine on the photo, ad the overall impression is good for me! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good to me too Jerry. I hope to meet them in the flesh in the second round of the comp ;)

    ReplyDelete