Well this weekend in addition to going to Salute and having a blast with my mate Phil. I finished basing up my first batch of legionnaires. So far I have 11 bases. This provides me with enough for two or possibly three legions at a push.
So far I am pleased with the over all finish. In this instance I took a different approach to the wash. I used two washes. First a sienna pin wash which was restricted to the flesh areas to provide low lights on the face and limbs.
As I mentioned in an earlier post I added a signifer and commander to give a touch of extra interest to the battle group.
The shields were hand painted as promised. However I did not bother with the ivory highlight since after doing a couple I could not see and real difference to the finish. Previously I have been guilty of not knowing when to stop painting to disastrous results, so I am pleased with my self discipline on being able to put the paint brush down and not make a total mess of the shields by adding endless amounts of detail that nobody will be able to see!