Wednesday 4 April 2012

Fun Shopping


I don’t like shopping and what’s more I am not very good at it. So in preparation for my day out at Salute this year I am attempting to be very organised and putting in some advance orders with traders so I can come back with things I will actually want I want rather than finding I have bags full of impulse buys which seemed like a good idea at the time.

So what's on my shopping list ;
Well more early Imperial Romans
Some mounted commanders
Some more archers
Some slingers
Some principes to start my Mid-Republican Roman army
and maybe some dead guys for cohesion markers

I also need some measuring sticks because I am continually borrowing my opponent’s ones.
While I am on the subject of Salute, last year I was invited to write a guest blog post for the Out of this World exhibition at the British Library. I felt this is an opportune moment to refer to it once more.
As you can imagine the works H. G. Wells were well represented in the exhibition. The blog post highlights a lesser known work of Wells' "Little Wars" considered one of the first set of published wargames rules. It draws connections between the literary connections of the steam/diesel punk genres and the active a vibrant community of sci-fi gamers. Do have a read of Present Wargames.

1 comment:

  1. if you want some dead guys, I have some Spanish and gallic casualties from Xyston, if you want them...

    ReplyDelete