Friday 27 May 2016

Tirailleurs Sénégalais



 
I am happy to report more progress has been made on additional units for my early First World War armies. The latest unit to arrive are French colonial light infantry. 


So far I have enough stands for around a regiment and a half. So I reckon they can make up a handy reserve force. I'd suggest that they would fit into a division or corps organisational table for the period.


These figures turned out very nicely I am pleased with the way they have painted up.  There is a colour picture in Hew Strachen’s tome The First World War which depicts Tirailleurs Sénégalais in white putties. It was dated 1913. So I opted to add the putties using light grey.   They'll make an interesting addition to the French side that originally peaked my interest in the early war period because of their colourful uniforms. 


The next on my painting table is German jägers which offer a little variation to the skirmish lines of field grey and pickelhaubes.

3 comments:

  1. Great job, and great bases!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fake Hublot Matt’s listening to: I’m a huge audiobook addict, and the absolute best way to listen to audiobooks is by downloading the Libby app to access fake Cartier thousands of titles from your library. For free. Seriously, it’s amazing, and all you need is your fake IWC library card. Recently, I’ve been on a Scandinavian mystery kick with Jo Nesbo and Henning Mankel. For fake Panerai podcasts, I’ve been listening to the Two Broke Watch Snobs for a weekly dose of irreverent humor and watch talk. Other podcasts in my queue fake Vacheron Constantin include: Hunted, Passenger List, A Whisperer in the Darkness, Lore, and my all-time favorite, The replica watches Drabblecast.

    ReplyDelete