Saturday 14 May 2016

Goodies from Salute!

As with recent years I have endeavoured to get to the Salute, one of the highlights of my wargaming calendar. I am often accompanied by a non-wargamer, sadly I was unaccompanied this year. There were still plenty of people to talk to.  This year as usual I Spent the best part of the day wondering around looking at games and new products rules and models. Yet again I missed the bloggers meet, although I suspect I do not blog enough to be considered a proper blogger!!


 In any case the purpose of this blog is not to review the show. There are many more capable of that than I. I’d suggest the Madaxeman’s Salute podcast as a good place to start!



The purpose of today’s post is to show off my German Observation Balloon which I acquired at Salute  from Red Eagle Miniatures,  rusted home to build and paint.  It is a lovely model of a  Parseval-Sigsfeld Drachen balloon from Light weight foam ,  with a really  excellent metal  truck containing  the winch to get the thing up and down.  



It was a good opportunity to get the air brush out and give it a lick of paint. I am quite pleased with the way it has turned out. 




I have never done any rigging before and on reflection I think the darning thread I used is way over scale it seems to resemble the rigging and It should  look okay on the gaming table hovering over my  earlier Great War Germans,  spotting targets for off table artillery batteries.


2 comments:

  1. Very nicely done, lots of lovely detail on something so small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Michael , Tnic nice crisp detail made them a pleasure to paint!

    ReplyDelete