Saturday, 28 November 2015

Completed Crusader

At long last I've finished my Romeo 90mm Crusader so here are some of the pictures.
 


This was the first large scale lead figure I have ever attempted and the clothing and equipment was painted with acrylics and I must admit I would put it down for months or even up to year between painting Sessions. The process of working with quick drying  acrylics on such a large area was very interested and it took a bit of patience to  deal with the white tabard. What was important was  to get the look of engrained  dirt from someone who has been campaigning for some time.


His face and  beard was painted with oils over an Acrylic base.  I used a series of oil washes, followed by a local oil glazes to achieve a weather beaten look. 


Thank you for taking a look and I hope you like it.

3 comments: