Sunday 29 March 2015

Extraordinarii


I have been rather lax of late in the write of this blog. This has been due to a number of real world factor converging with my innate laziness. Nevertheless, despite this over. The last week or so. I have managed to paint up a set of Roman ally medium foot, Extraordinarii for my developing mid-Republican Roman army. 


These guys are from the Mirliton range from Italy. They are really excellent figures , beautifully proportioned and cleanly cast. Once the get a lick of paint the spring to like. 



A further advantage is that since their spears and shields are separate it is possible to get a range of poses. 


I must add that I feel the colours on the Italian style shield has worked well with these figures. Although I would not claim any historical accuracy.


Next up for the painting table will be some triarii.                                         

4 comments:

  1. You're right, colors are great, very nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That was quick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That was quick. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That was quick. :-)

    ReplyDelete